Orchard Park Special Education Parent Teacher Student Association
Who we are:
OPSEPTSA is a group of hard working volunteers and community members in Orchard Park, NY and the surrounding area. We are parents, family members, teachers, students, administrators and community members. All are welcome.
What we do:
We advocate for the education and well-being of EVERY child in our community. We support families of students with special needs in the Orchard Park Central School District (OPCSD), helping them navigate the system.
How can we help?
Join our member network so you can learn:
- About the OPCSD services available for your child
- How to advocate for your child’s education needs
- Your child’s rights under NYS Education Law
- What to expect at your child’s Committee on Special Education (CSE) meetings, and how to prepare and participate
- About the best places to go for support services outside of school
We meet monthly!
Network with other members, in our monthly informational meetings. Topics of discussion can include:
- Guest speakers/experts often attend to provide information related to Special Education services or activities.
Guest speakers are often:
- OPSCD representatives
- Service Providers
- Referral Agencies
- Activity Directors
- Keep up-to-date about upcoming events in the local and greater community
- Network with other members
- Questions & Answer sessions
Want to attend a meeting and see what we’re all about? Email us to sign-up: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JULY 2022 through JUNE 2023 Meetings to be announced soon!
* Meetings are currently scheduled as hybrid: virtual & in-person